Welcome, mamas and papas! Curious about Montessori education?
Perhaps you’ve heard amazing things about the Montessori method, but you have some questions.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- There are a million Montessori schools in my area, how do I choose the best one for my child?
- My child already attends a Montessori school. How can I best support him at home?
- What are good age-appropriate toys/materials/activities for my child?
- I want to set up a nurturing home environment for my child. Can you help me?
- I’ve heard good things about Montessori, but I just don’t understand their approach to fantasy and the imagination.
- I homeschool my kids and I want to implement Montessori principles. Can you help me?
- What is the Montessori approach to discipline?
- What’s the deal with praise?
- How can Montessori help my child develop his whole personality, including his spiritual life?
If these or other questions have been on your mind, then you’re in the right place. My passion is to help parents understand the wisdom of the Montessori method and apply it practically in their own homes and lives.
And, in the sea of advice that’s out there for parents, I’m confident that Montessori principles will make a difference in your life. Why?
- The Montessori method is based off of observation, not just ideas. Maria Montessori spent years caring for children, and she studied what actions and materials helped them thrive. These observations became the basis for her work. For the rest of her life, she continued to observe children and fine-tune her work.
- The Montessori method has been successful in many different countries, cultures and social classes. How? It addresses themes that we all hold in common: love, independence, community, work – yet it recognizes the uniqueness of each person.
You want your child to thrive. You want to see her grow in confidence and independence. You want to see him become a thoughtful and responsible member of your family community. Most of all, you want your child to cultivate that unique set of God-given gifts that belongs to no-one else.
I want to help you get there.
I’ve spent many years working with children, and one year of intense study in the Montessori principles of education. I understand the nuances of this method, have applied it successfully with my own students, and have helped parents to understand and apply it as well.
Here’s how I can help. Set up a free 15-minute call to let me know what’s on your mind. We’ll talk about how I can best help you, and I’ll develop an individualized plan for you. Then we’ll work through the plan together during one or more coaching calls. I’ll follow up with you via email to make sure you have concrete notes on everything we talk about!
I can’t wait to work with you and your child to make the most of this awesome time of life.